Sunday, November 21, 2010

Primitive Holiday Wreath

Since I love decorating my primitive home for the holidays I thought I'd share making a wreath using prim items I'm sure everyone has somewhere in their home.  


The first thing I found was a wreath down in my basement my friend had given me.    I found a smaller berry wreath with a star that I decided to place in the middle.  Using the berries I attached a few here and there to secure it to the bigger wreath.  


In the middle of the wreath there was a rusty star that looked kind of lonely, so I decided to go through all my primitive Christmas ornaments I had in a box and found this prim wooden snowman that I thought would go perfectly in the middle of the star.  Just hot glued him on.  


Next, you can go to the dollar store or any craft store and find bags of Christmas potpourri.  I went through one I had and picked out red and tan walnuts and dried apples and hot glued them around the wreath.


There are so many options to decorating a wreath with things you already have the possibilities are endless.


These wreaths already made would cost about $40 or $50 but this one cost about $1.00 for the potpourri.


It's original and you have the pride or your own creation.  


                                                                                  

                                                                                                Happy Holidays!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment